A forex swap rate or rollover is defined as the overnight interest added or deducted for holding a position open overnight, it can be earned or paid. Swap rates are determined by the overnight interest rate differential between the two currencies involved in the pair and whether the position is a buy ‘long’ or sell ‘short’.
What you need to know
- Swaps are applied to your trading account only when positions are kept open until the next forex trading day.
- Swaps are calculated and applied on every trading night. On Wednesday night swaps are charged at triple rate of the usual rate.
- Some currency pairs may have negative swap rates on both sides, both ‘long’ and ‘short’.
- Swap rates are calculated in points, MetaTrader converts them automatically into the base currency of the account.
- Each currency pair has its own swap charge and is measured on a standard size of 1.0 standard lots (100,000* base units).
- Swaps are applied when the rollover occurs at the end of day.
*for Forex symbols
Add Your Heading Text Here
You will able to view the swap rates from within your MetaTrader trading terminal by following a simple process outlined below.
Right click on any instrument in the ‘Market Watch’ section
Left click on the ‘Specification’ option from the dropdown menu
A new window will open that shows the long and short swap rate for the pair selected
The popular platform choice of traders around the globe.
Optimised Trading of 10,000+ Global Assets at your fingertips. The worlds most advanced Trading Platforms & security via MT5
Focusing on your trading experience, at Match Securities we offer a trading account designed to suit your needs.
Trade what you want, when and where you want
One account, your choice of award-winning trading platforms